Friday, October 10, 2008

My Main Street - Tulsa, Oklahoma



It's been all over the news recently how we need to focus on Main Street and not Wall Street. It got me thinking about it, and I realized that I had no idea where Main Street was in my town. This place that is supposed to reference all of us was a foreign place to me. So, I took it upon myself to find our Main Street and see what all those Main Streeters are up to. Turns out that Main Street Tulsa is downtown and on a Thursday afternoon, nobody was around at all. The particular stretch I found myself in is a warehouse district close by the Cain's Ballroom. It stuck me as funny that my shot includes a sign that says Workers yet after ten minutes, I still hadn't seen a soul. According to Google Maps, Tulsa has no Wall Street.

If you are reading this and wondering where your Main Street is, go find it. If you drop me a picture of it, I'll post it. 
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: