Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Valkyries - New Addition to the Reflections Series

Image copyright 2009 Byron O'Neal

I was downloading a CF card yesterday and discovered that it had been a whole month since I'd shot any personal work. Man does time fly. Some people have inquired as to how I come up with a title for images in the Reflections Series. I base it on first impression and what I'm thinking about at that time. In this case, for some reason I was thinking about the movie Max Payne that I saw some months ago and reminiscing on the movie's awfulness. I've always had a fondness for the Valkyrie mythology and thinking about the inclusion in the movie caused me to see two clasping figures with wings which naturally at that time became Valkyries. Add to that the prominent orange letter "V" and there you go. 

My intent with the series is to examine symbolism as it spontaneously comes to the viewer. Some titles are more leading than others, but I'm just not happy leaving them untitled. It leaves me without any grounding as the nature of the series is abstract to begin with.
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: